- Publisher: Sandhenge Publications
- Available in: Paperback (now) and Kindle (soon)
- ISBN: 9780979069727
- Published: May 4, 2022
In this novella, Deputy Tom Jennings, a patrol officer for the Cottonwood County Sheriff’s Office, is a caring cop. He doesn’t understand the Old Order Amish. After being assigned to investigate the theft of soil from a county ditch, he meets Mrs. Rebecca Borntrager Yoder. Rebecca, and Adam, her husband, help Jennings begin to learn the differences between Amish and English.
“A little gem of a story, informative, entertaining, with an accurate account of the Amish way of life.”—Linda Byler grew up Amish and is an active member of the Amish church in Pennsylvania. She’s known for being a good mother and the author of several bestselling fiction series, all set in the Amish world.
“What a surprise ending! Jim Potter’s research shows, and that’s a good thing.”—Miriam Miller Iwashige is a member of Center Amish Mennonite Church in Kansas, where she grew up.
Table of Contents
Read Chapter 1 to to preview the book.
- Deputy Tom Jennings Meets Rosanna Yoder
- Deputy Jennings and the Black Buggies
- Deputy Jennings Apologizes
- Road and Bridge Department
- An Amish Accident
- Deputy Jennings Works an Accident
- Deputy Jennings Learns a Lesson
- Blame the Amish
- Tom and Jesse Jennings Discuss Parenting
- Deputy Jennings Interviews a Suspect
- Deputy Jennings Stops a Speeder
- Bowling Alley Talk about Jersey Schrock
- Milton’s Memories
- Old Friends at Amanda’s Amish Kitchen
- Deputy Jennings Digs Deeper
- Deputy Jennings Tells a Story
About the Author